Books for Men's Groups
Christian Fatherhood by Steve Wood with James Burnham
This powerful book teaches you the 8 steps to successful fatherhood! The best way to learn how to be the kind of dad and husband you want to be is to discover the eight commitments of St. Joseph's Covenant Keepers – the Catholic men's group dedicated to St. Joseph that has helped thousands of men revitalize their marriages and family relationships. There are actually 8 necessary steps to being a good Catholic husband and father.
If today's men ignore even one of these 8 steps, they simply will not reach their goal! But this highly informative book shows you everything you need to know about successful fatherhood and marriage – especially all the things nobody ever told you before! You'll learn:
- The greatest gift any father can give to his children.
- The surest solution to all marriage problems.
- What wives really want from their husbands!
- One little secret that can transform a marriage almost overnight!
- What genuine love really means.
- How to rediscover and rekindle your love for your wife – every day!
- The supernatural secret for making your love last forever!
- How to restore harmony and unity in your family – even with the most difficult children!
- The fatal blow that destroys any marriage.
- How to eliminate any future need for a marriage counselor.
- A powerful secret for strengthening the bond between a father and his children.
- What children want most from you – and how to give it!
- Ordinary activities you can do with your children that allow God to work in extraordinary ways.
- How to find adequate time for your family in today's demanding world.
- And much more!
A Virtue Driven Life by Fr. Benedict Groeschel
Since when is being called "virtuous" an insult?
It's a word that has gotten a bad rap, misused and misunderstood even by great thinkers, philosophers, and theologians, and mocked in the cynical sound bites of the media.
Rediscover virtue as it should be understood in our lives. With wit, warmth, and wisdom, Father Groeschel reintroduces the seven virtues of prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance, faith, hope, and charity. One by one he makes them meaningful for modern men and women, shaking off the dusty mantle of pretentiousness and demonstrating how each has a real role in a whole and holy life.
Father Groeschel's charming conversational style entertains even as he educates and challenges us. History, politics, an advertisement, the neighbor down the street ... all are reference points for Father Groeschel as he explores the meaning of each virtue for Christians today. By the end of the book, you will understand that being labeled virtuous is the ultimate compliment!
Legacy: A Father's Handbook for Raising Godly Children by Steve Wood with James Burnham
The most important job a man has is fathering his children, but raising godly children in today's world isn't an easy task. Don't tackle the most important job of your life unprepared. Legacy will equip you with the basic tools you need to fulfill your role as a father.
This man-to-man book covers fundamental principles, priorities, and practical strategies to help you build a legacy of faith in your family. In Legacy you’ll find:
- How to use sports and adventure to pass on the Faith to your children
- Practical ways to find adequate time for fathering
- The 60-second secret to getting your kids to obey – the first time
- How to handle a strong-willed child
- To spank or not to spank, that is the question
- What you should never do when disciplining a child
- How to tame the “terrible twos”
- Why the central focus of discipline is the ear, not the rear
- How to prevent your child from turning “gay”
- How to help your sons win the war to be pure
- The key to fathering daughters (Steve has six of them): The one common mistake you must NEVER commit or you’ll scar your daughter’s soul for life
- A major unrecognized cause of children falling away from the Faith – even in the most solid Catholic homes. Recognize it! Don’t let it happen to you.
- How a successful father summed up the secret of fatherhood in a 21-word note that his son folded up and kept for 25 years in his Bible. Those 21 words will surprise you.
- How to avoid blowing the one opportunity you have to be a good dad to your young children. (Hint: Failure is guaranteed if you make a mistake on the question of "quality time vs. quantity time".)
- Why you don’t need to wait for teen problems to explode: This key strategy in the child's early years heads off trouble.
- How to stay married. The secret is to avoid the four marriage busters.
- How to build an "ark" to protect your family from the flood of godlessness and paganism.
Legacy shows how families and children are transformed when Dad takes an active role in child training, and when he becomes a true partner with his wife in parenting. Steve Wood gives men a vision of the Faith running through the generations of their family. He couples this vision with down-to-earth strategies to help fathers successfully fulfill their role within the family.